|Support freeware for free!
Give a favorable review on:
Video quick look
A Swiss knife for your CSV files!
|Leave a comment,
a suggestion or
ask a question!
CSV Buddy helps you make your CSV files ready to be imported by a variety of software. Load/save/export files with various delimiters and lots of options. Freeware.
Absolutely free to download and use, for personal or commercial use.
- Download csvbuddy.zip
- There is no software to install. Just extract the zip file content to the folder of your choice.
- Run the .EXE file from this folder (choose the 32-bits or 64-bits version depending on your system).
Make sure it will run with read/write access to this folder.
- At your convenience, create a shortcut on your Desktop or your Start menu.
CSV Buddy can be freely distributed over the internet in an unchanged form.
- Fix bug preventing correct detection of current field delimiter when file is loaded. The delimiter is the first one detected on the first line of the loaded file, in this order: tab, semicolon (;), comma (,), colon (:), pipe (|) or tilde (~).
- Fix bug when "Set header" is selected and "Custom header" is empty, columns with "C" field names generated are now sorted correctly.
- Stop trimming (removing spaces at the beginning or end) data value read from CSV file, but still trimming field names read from CSV file.
- New Record editor dialog box with field-by-field edition (support up to 200 fields per row)
- New “Options” tab to change setting values saved to the CSVBuddy.ini file
- New option “Record editor” for choice of 1) “Full screen Editor” (legacy) or 2) “Field-by-field Editor” (new), default is 2
- New option “Encapsulate all values” to always enclose saved values with the encapsulator character
- Display a “Create” button on first tab to create a new file based on the Set header data
- Remember the last folder where a file was loaded
- Code signature with certificate from DigiCert
- See history for v1.3.9 and v22.214.171.124 for details and bug fixes
- If file encoding is not specified (leave encoding at "Detect") when loading a file, it is loaded as UTF-8 or UTF-16 if these formats are detected in file header or as ANSI for all other formats (and displayed as such in load and save encoding encoding lists); UTF-8-RAW and UTF-16-RAW formats cannot be auto-detected and must be selected in encoding list to load files in these formats
- Add values SreenHeightCorrection and SreenWidthCorrection in CSVBuddy.ini file (enter negative values in pixels to reduce the height or width of edit row dialog box)
- Fix bug introduced in v126.96.36.199 preventing from saving manual record edits in some circumstances
- Automatic file encoding detection is now restricted to UTF-8 or UTF-16 encoded files (no BOM)
- Read the new value DefaultFileEncoding= (under [global]) in CSVBuddy.ini to set the default file encoding (possible values "ANSI", "UTF-8", "UTF-16", "UTF-8-RAW", "UTF-16-RAW" or "CPnnn")
- Change licence to Apache 3.0
- Select file encoding when loading, saving or exporting files
- Automatic detection of loaded file encoding (this is not possible for files without byte order mark (BOM))
- Encoding supported: ANSI (default), UTF-8 (Unicode 8-bit), UTF-16 (Unicode 16-bit), UTF-8-RAW (no BOM), UTF-16-RAW (no BOM) or custom codepage CPnnnn
- Set custom codepage load and save values in CSVBuddy.ini file
- Other changes:
- when editing a record, zoom button to edit long strings in a larger window
- deselect all rows after global search is cancelled
- add status bar right section to display hint about list menu
- add help message when right-clicking on column headers
- when there is not enough space on screen to edit all fields in a file, support editing the visible fields without loosing the content of the missing fields
- remove global search and replace (needing to be reworked)
Full version history on the GitHub source repository.
See full documentation here.
- Developed using the portable software language AutoHotkey v1.1 (aka AutoHotkey_L or AHKScript)
- Source files on GitHub
- Online support: Use the comments section below.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bug reports: email or GitHub issues (you will need a GitHub account)
CSV Buddy - Copyright (C) 2013-2015 Jean Lalonde
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.
Jean Lalonde, email@example.com
Answered questions and closed cases: Archives - CSV Buddy