|Support freeware for free!
Give a favorable review on:
Video quick look
A Swiss knife for your CSV files!
|Leave a comment,
a suggestion or
ask a question!
CSV Buddy helps you make your CSV files ready to be imported by a variety of software. Load/save/export files with various delimiters and lots of options. Freeware.
Absolutely free to download and use, for personal or commercial use.
- Download csvbuddy.zip
- There is no software to install. Just extract the zip file content to the folder of your choice.
- Run the .EXE file from this folder (choose the 32-bits or 64-bits version depending on your system).
Make sure it will run with read/write access to this folder.
- At your convenience, create a shortcut on your Desktop or your Start menu.
CSV Buddy can be freely distributed over the internet in an unchanged form.
- Select file encoding when loading, saving or exporting files
- Automatic detection of loaded file encoding (this is not possible for files without byte order mark (BOM))
- Encoding supported: ANSI (default), UTF-8 (Unicode 8-bit), UTF-16 (Unicode 16-bit), UTF-8-RAW (no BOM), UTF-16-RAW (no BOM) or custom codepage CPnnnn
- Set custom codepage load and save values in CSVBuddy.ini file
- Other changes:
- when editing a record, zoom button to edit long strings in a larger window
- deselect all rows after global search is cancelled
- add status bar right section to display hint about list menu
- add help message when right-clicking on column headers
- when there is not enough space on screen to edit all fields in a file, support editing the visible fields without loosing the content of the missing fields
- remove global search and replace (needing to be reworked)
Full version history on the GitHub source repository.
See full documentation here.
- Developed using the portable software language AutoHotkey v1.1 (aka AutoHotkey_L or AHKScript)
- Source files on GitHub
- Online support: Use the comments section below.
- Email: email@example.com
- Bug reports: email or GitHub issues (you will need a GitHub account)
CSV Buddy – Copyright (C) 2013-2015 Jean Lalonde
This software is provided ‘as-is’, without any express or implied warranty. In no event will the authors be held liable for any damages arising from the use of this software.
Permission is granted to anyone to use this software for any purpose, including commercial applications, and to alter it and redistribute it freely, subject to the following restrictions:
1. The origin of this software must not be misrepresented; you must not claim that you wrote the original software. If you use this software in a product, an acknowledgment in the product documentation would be appreciated but is not required.
2. Altered source versions must be plainly marked as such, and must not be misrepresented as being the original software.
3. This notice may not be removed or altered from any source distribution.
Jean Lalonde, firstname.lastname@example.org