Since its first version, Folders Popup users asked for compatibility with Directory Opus, an impressive file manager program written by GPSoftware, in Australia. Directory Opus (DOpus) replaces Windows Explorer and integrates lots of features, including file compression, FTP capabilities, folder syncing and much more. However, it is not freeware.
Version 2 of Folders Popup offered basic Directory Opus compatibility. But, since v3.2, Folders Popup is fully aware of DOpus capabilities and utilizes them via the internal DOpusRt.exe commands to offer seamless and reliable integration.
Directory Opus support
- Automatic (but optional) enabling of DOpus support if the software is found on your system.
- Seamlessly change a DOpus lister to user favorite folders, recent folders or special folders (My Computer, Network Neighborhood, Recycle Bin, etc.).
- Easily add the folder currently displayed in a lister to you favorites with the Add this folder menu.
- Open any folder active in a Directory Opus lister or Windows Explorer with the Current Folders menu.
- Save groups of folders active in a Directory Opus lister or Windows Explorer with the Groups of Folders menu. Restore these folders in windows at their original size and location, and with folders in their original pane and tab.
- Adapted support for special folders in DOpus (like search result windows). But no support for FTP folders at this time (due to what seems to be a DOpus limitation).
How-to enable DOpus support
When you start it, Folders Popup checks if DOpus is installed on your computer (looking for the file [Program Files]\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\dopus.exe). If it is found, it asks if you wish to enable Directory Opus integration. If you answer Yes, it records the DOpus.exe file path in the Settings, Options dialog box:
If DOpus is installed in another folder not found by Folders Popup, you can manually enable integration by browsing to your DOpus.exe file in the Options dialog box.
If you answered No to the start-up prompt, Folders Popup enters NO in the DOpus field in the Options dialog box. If you change your mind, you just have to browse to your DOpus.exe file to enable integration.
Directory Opus and Folders Popup working hand in hand
For those new to Folders Popup, Folders Popup is a folder launcher. It is compatible with Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1. In a few words, here is summary of FP features:
- All your favorite folders, documents and web pages at your finger tip – press the middle mouse button (or press Windows-K) *over* an Explorer window, a DOpus lister, a file dialog box or the desktop to popup your personalized favorites launcher.
- If your mouse does not have a middle button, you can choose another trigger in the Options dialog box.
- Hold the Shift key while pressing the mouse middle mouse button (or press Shift-Windows-K) to popup a new DOpus lister from any window.
- The Special folders menu gives an easy access to Desktop, Document, Pictures, My Computer, Network Neighborhood, Control Panel and Recycle Bin.
- The Recent folders menu lists the recent folders memorized by Windows.
- Use the "Switch" menu to switch to any open DOpus lister or file Explorer windows or to open one of these folders in a file dialog box.
- Choose the Folders Popup Settings menu or press Shift-Windows-F to edit your favorites menu.
- You can also add the folder currently displayed in a lister using the Add this Folder menu.
You will find more features description on the Folders Popup main page.